Key components of a bug
- Include a summary of what happened
- What iQ window were you in when it happened?
- What are the exact reproduction steps? Be sure to include exactly what happened and what you expected to happen, but didn't. Include any extra notes.
- What version of iQ did this happen in? Choose Help> About to get the version number (press the copy details button and then paste into your bug report if you're entering the bug on the same machine it happened on).
- What's the bug frequency? For example, is it 100% reproducible, or does it occur three times of out 10? It's important for us to know if this is an isolated issue or if it's repeatable.
- When you submit the bug, be sure to attach a support bundle
- If possible, attach a video taken with your smart phone. Be sure to pan over all of the screens on an epiQ, including any external monitors, and then focus on (zoom into) the problem area.
Example of a well-written bug
Venue: ABC Opera House
Summary: I was using iQ to run some cues in a channel in a Console window. I hit "Go" on a channel and the app went into a "Not Responding" state and the screen went white. After about 30 seconds, it hadn't recovered so I closed the application.
Steps to Reproduce:
- In a Console window, load a cue list into a channel
- Hit Go button to run some cues
- Outcome: Sometimes, when Go button is hit, the application hangs
- Expected Result: Application does not go unresponsive when a cue is running
Extra notes (caveats): I was using the "A Rakes Progress Real Show" cue list and it crashed when trying to move axis PH03. This cue list has over 200 cues in it.
Support Bundle: attach
Version: This happened to me in 18.104.22.168 (3d093bb).
Frequency: This only happened to me once, and I haven't been able to reproduce it.