Creating Issues in Issue Collect Tool (ICT)
You can gather the information about a station file, different configurations, log files, environment details, and more using Issue Collect Tool. Make sure that you define the level of process logs in the device properties (to view that article, you must sign into the support portal).
Important: Running an Issue Collect Tool may put your system into E-Stop. Thus, if you are in the middle of a performance, wait until it ends, and then use the ICT. Run the ICT before you power cycle the system.
To create an issue in Issue Collect Tool, follow these steps:
- In the Navigator toolbar, click , and from the menu that opens, choose Issue Collect Tools.
- In the Device Logs Saver window, turn on the checkboxes next to the nodes or devices that you want, and then click New Issue.
- In Properties - Issue > General, do the following:
- To gather UI logs and station files, turn on the Show File Related Data and Logs checkbox.
- To gather server logs, turn on the Process Logs check box. Each device has its process log that is disabled by default. To turn on logs and define the appropriate log level, see Storing Process Logs (to view that article, you must sign into the support portal).
- To make a snapshot of a screen, turn on the User Interface Screenshot checkbox (or use the keyboard shortcut Windows + Shift + S).
- Click Ok. The issue is created and displayed in the Device Logs Saver window. You can now attach this zipped file to a support ticket.
If you also need to download an existing core dump, go to the Device Logs Saver window, click New Issue and in Properties Issue> Core Dumps, turn on the checkbox next to the needed nodes. Click Ok and the issue is created and shown in the Device Logs Saver window.