The following document outlines the procedure for performing the monthly inspection of T Winch drive gears and drive belts.
Immediately, and then after every 200 hours of operation.
- Remove the back cover of the winch.
- Verify the following:
- Check belt surface for dirt, debris, cracks, excessive wear, and missing or damaged teeth
- Check belt movement for freezing or stiffness
- Check tension for firm seat in gear teeth and equal tension in free areas between gears
- Measure the distance from the face of the panel behind the gears to the face of each gear with a combination square or other suitable tool as shown in the photos below. Record these values in the winch log. An example log is included below.
- Using a combination square or other suitable tool, ensure that the faces of each gear are in the same plane as shown in the photo below.
- If the difference in recorded measurements is more that 1/32” or 1mm, notify TAIT immediately and discontinue use of the winch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request here on the support portal.
- Reinstall the back cover of winch.
|Date||Inspected By||Top Gear Measurement||Bottom Gear Measurement||Difference|