If you encounter an issue with your Navigator system, the first priority is to ensure that all personnel and performers are safe. If necessary, perform any rescues before attempting an Issue Collect.
WARNING: Running an Issue collect will put the system into E-Stop. If you're in the middle of a performance, wait until the end to use the Issue Collect Tool. In addition, please run the Issue Collect before you power cycle the system.
Using the Issue Collect Tool
You can gather the information about a station file, different configurations, log files, environment details, and more using the Issue Collect Tool. Be sure to define the level of process logs in the device properties.
To create an issue in the Issue Collect Tool, follow these steps:
- In the Main NAV:Tile window, click , and then click Issue Collect Tools.
- In the Device Logs Saver window, select check boxes next to the nodes or devices that you want, and then click New Issue.
- In Properties - Issue > General, do the following:
- To gather UI logs and station files, select the Show File Related Data and Logs check box.
- To gather server logs, select the Process Logs check box.
- To make a snapshot of a screen, select the User Interface Screenshot check box (or use a keyboard shortcut Windows+Shift+S)
Note: Each device has its process log that is disabled by default. To turn on logs and define the appropriate log level, see Storing Process Logs.
TIP: To download an existing core dump, see Downloading Core Dumps of Undefined Devices.
The issue is created and displayed in the Device Logs Saver window.
You can now attach this zipped file to a support ticket. For more on creating a support ticket, see How to Use the TAIT Support Portal.