During a prolonged shutdown period, TAIT advises a minimal maintenance regime to keep the equipment in optimal condition.
- Keep all essential AC units running in MCC rooms
- Leave the system in E-Stop but energized
- Maintain temperature and humidity control on equipment levels
- To avoid pitting of the bearings on motors and seizing brakes, please run all axes according to the following guidelines:
- Greater than 500rpm move for a quarter turn of the drum (or output drive for lifts)
- Another quarter turn of motor
- Index moves and repeat in the same direction, ensuring neither motor nor drum are left in the same position for long periods
- For pinch drives and contact points of revolves, to avoid flat spots on wheels, follow a similar treatment to that described above for winches by indexing position and repeating regularly
- Run a full range of motion each week
Please sign in to leave a comment.